Instrument Flight Authorization
acquisition of the instrument rating
After receiving the IR(H) instrument rating, you may fly helicopters licensed for this purpose under instrument flight conditions (IMC- Instrument Meteorological Conditions) and instrument flight rules (IFR- Instrument Flight Rules).
Approaches to approved airports may be carried out up to a so-called decision height of 200 feet.
Your advantages at a glance.
- 30 years training experience
- Strong focus on safety and professionalism: experienced teachers, modern fleet, FNTP II flight simulator, on-site maintenance and technology
- Fixed contact person during training and examination
- Different helicopter types to choose (Agusta AW109S and Airbus Helicopter H135)
- Training at two locations near international airports: Egelsbach and Münster-Osnabrück
- Modern training and recreation rooms
- Training at a fixed price, no hidden costs
- The entry is possible at any time
The theoretical training
covers the following specialist areas:
- Air law
- Flight performance and Flight planning
- Human capability
- Voice radio certificate (except holders with AZF certificate)
Completion of theoretical training the theoretical examination is taken after completion of theoretical training at the Luftfahrt-bundesamt in Braunschweig.
The passed exam has a validity period of 36 months.
The practical basic training is almost identical to the training course for commercial pilots.The theoretical training is considerably more extensive. After completing your ATPL training and passing the theory test, you will receive the CPL(H) license with the note "ATPL theory credit" until you have gaining enough practical flight experience.
You may already work as a co-pilot on traffic helicopters. You may only fly on multi-engine helicopters as a pilot in command (PIC) once you meet the requirements of at least 1500 flight hours and have passed another test flight.
The practical flight training includes at least 150 flight hours, 20 hours of practical training are completed on our FNPTII flight simulator (Flight Navigation Procedure Trainer Type II). After at least 45 flight hours you have the opportunity to graduate an intermediate examination to acquire the private pilot license PPL(H).
The practical examination usually begins at your training location and is taken by an expert from the Federal Office of Civil Aviation.
- PPL(H) Private helicopter pilot license including a night rating, ATPL(H) or CPL(H) license at least 50 flight hours of overland flight time as pilot in command (PIC), of which at least 10 hours in the helicopter and a maximum of 40 hours in aircraft of another category have been performed.
- Class 1 or Class 2 aviator fitness certificate
- Proof of a valid ZÜP (reliability check according to §7 LuftSiG)
- Extract from the FAER driving license register
- Evidence of flight experience
- The applicant for the IR(H) must provide the evidence for the use of the english language
- 2 passport photos
- The applicant must be the holder of the respective type rating or the applicant must have completed an approved training to obtain the respective type rating.
Die Ausbildungsgänge im Überblick.