Content and Requirements
|Structure of modular training|
|1.||Training as private helicopter pilot and acquisition of PPL(H) licence → min. 45 flight hours|
|2.||Flight Experience → collect about 110 flight hours|
|3.||To start the third module, you will need a total flying experience of 155 hours of flight time which includes the PPL(H) training|
|4.||Night qualification → min. 5 additional hours, if the training is integrated in the CPL(H) module|
The CPL(H) module in the commercial pilot training
The training period for the CPL(H) module is approximately 12 months.
At least 30 hours of practical training in which flying skills are enhanced to meet professional standards. Above all, emphasis is placed on training of emergency procedures and off-field landings.
The practical exam usually starts at your training location and is administered by an expert of the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt (German Federal Aviation Office).
Theoretical Training in the subjects:
- Air Law
- Radio Navigation
- Operational Procedures
- Human Performance and Limitations
- Flight Planning
- Flight Performance
The theoretical exam is held at the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt (German Federal Aviation Office) in Braunschweig.
Night flight Training in the CPL(H) Module
If you do not yet have night ratings, you will acquire them in the modular CPL(H) training. For the training, 5 additional flight hours at night are necessary.
- Minimum age 17 years at the start of training (with written consent from parent or legal guardian)
- Minimum age 18 upon acquisition of licence
- PPL(H) licence with 155 hours of flight experience as a helicopter pilot, which includes a minimum of 50 hours as Pilot in Command (PiC) and 10 hours cross country flying
- Proof of identity: a copy of your identification card (ID) or passport
- Aviation medical certificate class 1
- 2 passport photos
- Declaration concerning pending criminal proceedings
- Current excerpt from the Central Register of Traffic Offenders
- Proof of first aid certification (not older than 1 year)
- Certification of a valid ZÜP - background check pursuant to §7 LuftSiG (Aviation Security Act)
- Proof of knowledge in mathematics, physics and English (will be conducted at the flight school prior to commencement of training)