Content and Requirements
The instrument flight training for multi-engine helicopter comprises a minimum of 50 hours of instrument time, in which you learn to fly a helicopter according to instrument flight rules. Up to 40 hours of practical training can be carried out in a FNPT-II flight simulator (Flight Navigation Procedure Trainer Type II). The practical exam usually starts at your training location and is administered by an expert of the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt (German Federal Aviation Office).
- Air Law
- Aircraft General Knowledge / Technics
- Fight Performance and Planning
- Human Performance and Limitations
- Radio Communications (not applicable for holders of radio communication certificate AZF)
On completion of the theoretical training, you will sit the theory exam at the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt (German Federal Aviation Office) in Braunschweig. The passed exam is valid for 36 months.
- PPL(H) licence with night qualification, ATPL(H) or CPL(H) licence, at least 50 hours of cross country flight time as pilot in command on helicopters or airplanes, of which at least 10 hours on helicopters
- Aviation medical certificate class 1 or 2, depending on the existing licence
- Certification of a valid ZÜP - background check pursuant to §7 LuftSiG (Aviation Security Act)
- Current excerpt from the Central Register of Traffic Offenders
- Proof of flight experience
- Applicant for an IR(H), must prove the ability to apply the English language
- 2 passport photos
- Type rating or finished type rating course of the type, on which the IR(H) proficiency check shall be performed