Content and Requirements
The duration of private pilot training depends mainly on your availability. Whether 9 weeks or 12 months – we adapt to suit your needs.
At least 45 hours of practical training, starting from radio telephony, navigation and emergency procedures, right up to safe landing of all flight manoeuvers that are necessary as a private helicopter pilot. This includes a minimum of 25 flight hours with a flight instructor and 10 solo hours. The practical exam usually starts at your training location and is administered by an expert of the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt (German Federal Aviation Office).
Theoretical Training in the following subjects:
- Air Law
- Flight Performance and Planning
- Human Performance and Limitations
- Operational Procedures
- Aircraft General Knowledge
The theoretical exam is held at the authorised competent regional authority.
Training credits for licence holders
If you already hold a licence for PPL(A), ultra-light aircrafts or helicopters, gyroplanes, gliders or powered aircrafts, up to 10 percent (however not exceeding 6 hours) of your total flight time as pilot will be credited to your training on the PPL(H).
- Minimum age 16 years at the first solo flight
- Minimum age 17 upon acquisition of licence
- Proof of identity: a copy of your identification card (ID) or passport
- Aviation medical certificate class 2
- 2 passport photos
- Certification of a valid ZÜP - background check pursuant to §7 LuftSiG (Aviation Security Act)
- Current excerpt from the Central Register of Traffic Offenders
- Proof of first aid certification or emergency procedures at the scene of an accident (not older than 5 years)
- Declaration concerning pending criminal proceedings
Naturally, we would be pleased to assist you in obtaining the necessary documents – please feel free to contact us!